Thursday, May 11, 2006

मै उसी को तो भूल रहा था ...

Here is a hindi poem I wrote two years ago. I wrote it when I parted with my best friend of two years. Many of my poems are romantic poems. I did not want this one to be one, because she was my best friend. I have tried to achieve that. But I would love to know if I have succeeded, because different friends have told me different things in this regard.

On the writing front, this is the first time I am blogging in Hindi. Firefox shows most of the letters correctly, but IE shows everything properly. Some of the spellings here may be wrong. I tried to get most of them right, but I am new at this, and I didn't know how to get all the variations in letters using 'Baraha' software. I would appreciate if someone can tell me how to get the "chh" in "kuchh" and "ou" in "hoo" :))

UPDATE: I have corrected most of the spelling mistakes after reading the rules. Thanks Onkar! Also, a friend pointed out that Firefox displays many characters incorrectly, so this should be ideally viewed in Internet Explorer.

A little about the poem. The poem is divided into three parts. In the first part, my friend is talking to me. In the second part and third parts, I am talking to the reader. Here goes!


मैं उसी को तो भूल रहा था ...


तुम मुझे भूल जाना दीप
अल्वीदा समय उसने मुझसे कहा था ...
हर बार की तरह उसने जो भी माँगा
दिया मैंने उसे वही वादा था ...

मैं उसे भूलना चाहता हूँ दोस्त
सब से मैं यह कह रहा था ...
उसे भुलने की कोशिश मे मैं
यादो के वार सह रहा था ...

जब ना आया बुलावा कोई
आओ ना कुछ बातें करे!
जब ना आया खत कोई
नज़ाने कितने दिन गुजरे...

उस्की यादो के पन्ने मैं
एक एक कर के खोल रहा था
हा मैंने कहा ना दोस्त!!
मैं उसी को तो भूल रहा था ...

ख्वाबो. मे वो अब आती नही
कम्बख्त ख्वाब भी कहाँ आते है!
और आएन्गे भी कैसे?
नीन्द भी कहाँ आती है!!
ख्वाबो मे मैं चुपके चुपके
फ़िर भी उससे मिल रहा था
हा मैंने कहा ना दोस्त!
मैं उसी को तो भूल रहा था ...

और इन पन्क्तियों की रानी
कब से मुझको भूल गयी थी
खत को मेरे धुल समझ कर
खुशीयों मे वो झूल रही थी
आखों से तब बहा जो पानी
कब से दिल को जला रहा था
यादो के वो तीर जहरीले
बेरहमी से चला रहा था...

(c) दीप